Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Curse of the Crying Woman

Found! The film that haunted my childhood with an image that was burned into my memory, even if I had changed it around somewhat. The image from a black and white film of a long haired figure laying face up with its features gradually disappearing ( in my memory the face was nonexistent, a kind of scabbed over mass, and blood welled up from underneath the scab to completely obscure the whole mess)
The film is Curse of the Crying Woman, a Mexican horror pict which includes many of the things i remember as a child. The film was released in the USA in 1969 which is the year I was born. I can only imagine that I saw it years later on Creature Feature or some other television program.
Here is the sequence that I believe is the one that i have searched for all these years.





This sequence also reminds me of another similar all time favorite from "I Married a Monster from Outer Space" where the aliens, in their death throes dissolve into a rice crispy and goo kind of substance that flows out of their clothing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on the Cryptovisual post.