Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Atlanta Georgia- Report From the Field

May of this year I had a few weeks in Atlanta, GA for a project at The Georgia Aquarium. During my stay I revisited some of my old stomping grounds ( I was on mobility from Parsons School of Design New School for Social Research in 1992-1993 and attended The Atlanta College of Art during that time) and also had a little time to see something new.
The High Museum of Art in midtown Atlanta has had an addition built on to it since I was last there. The addition, designed by Renzo Piano, more than doubled the size of the museum's exhibition space.

Nadine Robinson's "Coronation Theme: Organon" A really nice sound/sculptural installation in the contemporary collection.
Anish Kapoor- another example of amazing finish fetish insanity. Polished stainless steel.

Phillip Guston "Untitled" oil on masonite
There was an incredible amount to take in at The High Museum of Art- a custom car show, a furniture design show and many more works worth sharing in the permanent collection. I will post just a few more just to add flavor.


Centipede 111 Bench by Hector Esrawe

Crochet Chair by Marcel Wanders- Epoxy, fiber, resin


"The Sleeping Fawn" by Jean-Joseph Carries- plaster and brown patina


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on the Cryptovisual post.